- Active Voice = Subject, then verb, then object e.g 7 pirates attacked Shirahoshi ✔️
Shirahoshi was attacked by 7 pirates ❌
- Facts First = Even if the person is important, facts first. e.g 9 million people died before leaving the country✔️
Before leaving the country, 9 million people died ❌
- No quotes = No quotes. Ever.
- Short & Simple = No more than 20 words – people are reading an intro not a story!
- Most important point(s) = Intro should have the most important points of the story
- Grab attention = It should be good enough to grab the readers’ attention
- Tone = The tone of the intro should match the rest of the story