Audioboom is an app that can be used to interview a person in the form of an audio. You can use a mobile phone by downloading the app. If downloaded for free, each recording time has a maximum of 10 minutes, but the posts are unlimited.
If, however, you were to download the paid-for version, you must pay £6.99 a month, however with 60 minutes for each post.
- You can pause at anytime by clicking pause
- If everything is good, click publish. After that, you can do the following:
- Give it a title
- Put a photo, because they make it look attractive
- Add a location – think carefully before doing this
If you want to add or remove info, click the edit button at the top of the page on the left. Use this to edit your sound file, descriptions and titles. Click ‘Save Changes’ button
- Click on ‘Crop Audio’
- In the ‘Edit Your Audio Clip’ window, you have the following options:
- Drag the red arrow to the right to remove the sound at the start of the clip
- Drag the red arrow to the left at the end of the track to9 remove the end of the clip
- Use the exact audio runtime markers ‘from’ and ‘to’ for precision cropping. You can’t edit the middle bit of the audio – just crop the start and the finish
Today, I used Audioboom to conduct an interview on the axeman in Hull that was shot and killed, and whether it was right or wrong to kill him.